Thursday, May 3, 2012

NTG Update

Hi there!

Just to give you a look at what I've been up to, here are Abbey's latest entries in her Next Top Ghoul contest. I've been having a lot of fun with the themes, but I am stumped for this week! The round 6 theme is "Mad Monsters" as in Mad Men. I've never seen Mad Men before so it will be difficult for me.

Round 3 - Otherworldly Creatures

Abbey as The White Stag. This one was tough too! Monster High ghouls are otherworldly themselves so it was hard to come up with an idea that would seem otherworldly even to them. Her outfit is ribbon, and her antlers are made of wire and ribbon. This photo got into Explore on Flickr - Yay! ^_^

Round 4 - Fairy Tales

Abbey as The Snow Queen (by Hans Christian Andersen). This role was just too perfect for Abbey. She wears Pullip Eternia's dress with jewellery from Blythe Princess A La Mode.

Round 5 - Under the Big Top

Abbey as an Impalement Artist (knife throwing!). This was great fun to set up, with Dead Tired Draculaura as the poor assistant on the wheel. Abbey wears stock from Sweet 1600 Draculaura and arm warmers from Basic Ghoulia. I wish I had better miniature knives!

Thanks for reading, and, as always, find more pics on my flickr account.

 - Kat


2 comments:

  1. Abbey as a knife thrower is amazing! I've been wanting to do a custom doll for forever and after looking at your flickr photostream, I think I need to! But I'm worried about ruining my original dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd suggest trying out customisations on your least favourite doll first. My first reroot was DOTD Ghoulia because I hated her stock hair. I love her SO much more now. My first repaint was Cleo, I'm not really a fan of Cleo - I got her because my boyfriend wanted Deuce in the 2 pack, so I had no problem experimenting on her! Haha.
      If you can't bear experimenting on any of your current ghouls, try getting a cheap "pre-loved" doll to practice on, from a garage sale or an op-shop.

      Delete